The thing I like best about this vegetato is the fact that it is A) a great way to mix up a usual and ordinary jacket potato salad and B) because instead of said potato, you are packing it full of vegetables that for one, are healthy, and two, taste great! It’s a really simple idea and I am sure that once you try one, you’ll want to make them for every meal.
5 mins each side, around 30 mins all-in-all for 2 vegetatoes.
You will need…
🌸 1 sweet potato and 1 normal jacket potato
🌸 5 button mushrooms, cut into chunks
🌸 1/4 courgette,sliced, halved and quartered
🌸 Small handful baby plum tomatoes (around 6)
🌸 Small handful spinach, shredded
🌸 3 tbsp sweetcorn
🌸 45g vegan cheese
🌸 1/2 tsp garlic purée
How to make:
1) Wash, scrub and stab the potatoes and microwave for 3 minutes, turn, and another 3 minutes (stab with a sharp knife, if they’re soft, they’re cooked).
2) Whilst they are cooking, in a frying pan, add the mushrooms and cook for 4 minutes.
3) Add the tomatoes, courgette and sweetcorn to the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes. Then set aside.
4) In a large jug and with a fork, mix the potatoes (leave on the skin) until fluffy and incorporated. Add the vegetables from the frying pan and mix again.
5) Add the shredded spinach and chunks of cheese and mix.
6) Set half of the potatoes aside, and the other half in a frying pan and form into a circle burger shape. Cook each side for around 4-5 minutes (turn with with a spatula), then cook the other half of potato burger. Alternatively, add all the potatoes to the pan and make one big burger, then cut in half to serve.
7) And serve! I ate mine with a simple avocado salad. If you choose to eat the vegetato with something else like pie be sure to time them in relation to the vegetato accordingly.
The flavours that are produced are unimaginable. I love love love sweet potatoes they’re just so beautiful and go perfectly hand-in-hand with the other vegetables in this vegetato. Pure. Deliciousness.